Come in, come in! Why dont you stop for a while? There's plenty of beans on toast for everybody!

So yeah, pretty much.

Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Never Will You Be Taken For Granted.

I just had the most awful daydream.

One of my nearest and dearest had died.
We were all at their funeral and I was talking to the congregation about them.

This friend, I loved so much I couldn't do them justice.

I was staring at the carpet.

Reflecting.

Tears were streaming down my face in the reflective silence of myself and the crowd.
Some smiled whilst others sobbed.
Some didn't know whether to laugh at the memory or cry at the thought of there being no new memories.

Pictures of the flying were behind me -a shrine to their memory.

-Their smile.

-Their goofs.

Them being them.

I didn't know what to say to their other loved ones.

I don't think I needed to say anything.

The moment was theirs -the worshippers and the Phoenix-




Nothing would have been good enough.




Nothing would have been good enough.


In the daytime nightmare I turned around to the photos.


It wasn't just the one friend.




It was all of them.



I've shirked my loyalties recently. Ive met new people and have left -sadly by undecided choice- the golden ones with less allotted time. I am so sorry. I'll try harder. I say this every time, don't I?

I haven't forgot about you, you're with me always, even if its not physical. As cliche as it sounds, I do actually think about you all the time. I'm not leaving you, I'm trying to find a way of balancing and juggling.

The Olympic Torch xx

No comments:

Post a Comment