Come in, come in! Why dont you stop for a while? There's plenty of beans on toast for everybody!

So yeah, pretty much.

Wednesday, 25 May 2011

The Angels Game

Oh Carlos, your fingers work magic upon my soul :')
"Do you want to live, Martin?"
I wanted to rely but I couldn't find the words. I realised that I had a lump in my throat and my eyes were filling with tears. Until then I had not understood how much I long to keep on breathing, to keep on opening my eyes every morning and be able to go out into the street, to step on stones and look at the sky, and, above all, to keep on remembering.

Page 124, The Angels Game. RRP £18.99, hardback. Bought in The British Heart foundation for a heart warming £2.75.


The Olympic Torch xxx

1 comment:

  1. I apologise if you're still enforcing the old no-commenting rule, but...
    1) I thought you already bought it full price with the Balders :L
    2) I agree, tis frakkin' awesome
    3) Have you read Shadow of the Wind by Carlos? It's really, really good; it came out before this one and Angel's Game is a prequel to it, because the protagonist in it is the son of the bookshop owner's boy and that girl that stays with Martin.
    Sorry if this is still forbidden.. :) xo

    ReplyDelete