One of the recent challenges to sprogsitting began with the movie Madagascar. In this movie, a lion is deprived of his zoo-provided steak, and begins to view his zebra friend as steak. This prompted a conversation with Miss Jessica.
- Jess: Sarah, does steak come from zebras?
- me: No, steak for us comes from cows.
- Jess: No, Sarah.
- me: Really, sweetie. It is from cows that die for our food.
- Jess: No, Sarah, it is not a time for joking. We don't eat cows.
- me: I'm not joking honey. That's why we are thankful for our food and we don't waste it. Our steak comes from cows.
- Jess: Don't talk about cows Sarah.
About 15 mins pass, in which life progressed with its usual doll-dressings and off key serenades in the kitchen. I was working away at my research when Jess saunters into the room. She has been playing chef with her favorite dolls, each seated around a pretend table set with tiny tea cups and plates. Panda is wearing a tutu.
- Jess: Sarah, I made you a special dinner.
- me: Wonderful, sweetie, what did you make?
- Jess: I made you a bear meat sandwich.
- me: A bear meat sandwich? What a new and delicious thing! I want to see!
- Jess: Wait here, I will bring it to you.
The Olympic Torch xx

No comments:
Post a Comment