Come in, come in! Why dont you stop for a while? There's plenty of beans on toast for everybody!

So yeah, pretty much.

Sunday, 7 February 2010

Poems

Everybody else seemed to be posting poems so I thought I'd join the masses too.
Spring
Its spring its spring
Oh I just can’t wait
To find fruits on the vases
And flowers on my plate

I want to hear the warm sun
And feel the robin singing
Watch the scent of the flowers
And smell the butterflies flying

Its spring its spring
I’m so full of glee
For the people will bloom
And the flowers will be happy

The gray fields shall be covered
With the magic of the meadow
And the brown sky shall be painted
With the blossoms of the rainbow

Its spring its spring
How can I be blue?
For it is the time of spring
And only the spring brings you

---
Firefly
I was searching for the moon one night
I was searching for some light
But then there was nothing bright
There was no moon or star in sight

I walked and walked through the town
My heart still in a frown
I wanted to see a circus clown
That I might feel upside down

I just went on and reached the park
And the night was deep and dark
The birds won’t sing, the dogs won’t bark
Yet something made its mark

I saw a firefly, small but bright
It was alone in the dark night
It came near me, thought it would bite
But it just sat and made me feel alright

It flew around my hand
It flew around the ground
I thought that I should stand
And follow it around

It brought me into places
I never thought I’d see
We ran and played races
Until we reached a tree

The tree was at the top of the hill
It stood strong and still
Then I started to feel
The firefly was becoming ill

And as soon as it lost its light
The sun came shining up so bright
A tear came running down my face
And though it’s gone, something stays

I have always kept in mind
In the dark you’ll always find
Some light or someone kind
Because if there’s hope, you’re never blind

---
Rain
It was cold that afternoon
Walking, it started to rain
Looking for some shade
But nothing eased the pain

I stared into the road
Stretching in front of me
Then in the rain I cried
Knowing no one would see

The rain poured hard
I was wet all over
I tried to soak sorrow away
Hoped it go with the river

I lied down the grass
Looking up the raindrops
Waiting for it to reach my face
Watching it as it stops
I walked home
Soaked from the rain
I tried to dry myself
But I was still soaked with pain

I knew the rains
Were crying along with me
And I was hoping
That it always will be.

----
Some
Sometime somewhere someone had
Something somewhat unusual
Somehow it was something he kept
Until he found that someone special

Somewhere someone saw
This something somewhat strange
And somehow this someone made
Something about him change

Somehow he felt better
Somehow he felt light
That somewhere along the way
He thought the time was right

Because every time he’s sad
She smiles and he’s alright
And everywhere he went
She always gave the light

Everyday and every night he thought
Every laugh and every smile
Every single moment with her
Made everything worthwhile

Then one day at one special place
He was with her alone
And he said in one special way
That she was the special one

Sometime somewhere someone had
Something that came somewhere above
Somehow some people somewhere shared
That something someone called love

No comments:

Post a Comment