Come in, come in! Why dont you stop for a while? There's plenty of beans on toast for everybody!

So yeah, pretty much.

Wednesday, 19 May 2010

What happened there?!

Ah, what shall I tell you today my dear readers?
Shall I start off with what I'm doing?

Well, I'm sat at the picnic bench in the eastern corner of my garden on the patio. I'm smelling the spring roses that are oh so beautiful today. I can feel the grass tickling my toes in that special way. I can hear the tinkling of the neighbours fountain. I can taste the cranberry and pomegranate iced fruit tea I made just 3 minutes ago. What can I see? I can see summer, hope, tranquility. Although like the wind I can't see it, I can sense the times changing. For the better I hope of course, but wither way we'll learn more about life, the people in it and ourselves no matter what kind of weather comes our way. Agatha Christie once said ''I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.''  Mrs Christie? I couldn't agree with you more. Life at the moment seems to me to be just like a marriage; 'for better or for worse' life could go on, I suppose you could say. It's supposedly all about balance, but its achieving that balance that is the exciting bit, the best bit. In the wise words of Ed Byrne the comedian ''Falling in love is new and exciting! You never know where the path is going to lead you! And then, once you're in love, it's....Fine...''
Oh, Arctic Monkeys has just popped itself into my head (via my headphones) . Each day is like a song in a way. Tomorrow will be. I don't know the words for tomorrows song. I'd love to leave you with a poem, but nothing I write down says what i want it to say. I've searched on the Inter web but all to no avail. So. Sit there. Think of you're own poem. Think of your own thoughts. Think of your own senses, feelings, attitudes, family, marriage vowels with life, songs, smiles, frowns. Learn my friends. Learn with an open mind but a little shade.
I wish you all the sweetest and bitterest moments on this cliche metaphorical rollarcoaster ride.
Peace out with a sprinkling of war (because without the sorrow in this world, we wouldnt know of sympathy.)
Bless your god, (or alien if you belong to the religion of Scientology) for giving you the gift of feeling the wind upon your face.
 
 
The Olympic Torch xx

No comments:

Post a Comment