Some of these I wrote last summer (if you can call it that) when the 30 odd members of my family and yours truly were abandoned on a dorset cliff to fend for ourselvesin tents with gale force winds blowing with its obnoxious dinner-date rain. Others I wrote this evening while listening and looking at the rain greet us hello. Enjoy xx
Bitter-Sweet
Stinging your face
Harsh rebukes
Thunder roll
Flashes of pain
Dark and furious
Waters of rain
Fading slowly
Anger receding
Soft and gentle
A caressing touch
Earth renewed
A fragrance spread
Showers of love
Moods natural
Wondrous chameleons
Nature's ways
Loving and harsh
Bitter-sweet
(this one doesnt have a name yet)
I pull in that fresh, cold air, which only a storm can bring.
The rain is light, the dewy wetness,
I walk along, among majestic shadow,in the light of grey clouds.
The air is fresh, as I inhale a deep breath,
With the light wide above, a whiteness in the grey.
The wind taps my back, and scales past my neck and hair.
The breeze is pleasant, as I delight in the reflectory puddles and raindrops.
I walk along, breathing it in,
On my path home, the work of day is over.
And here I go, one among the many,
enjoying the momentary solitude, as I dwell within the mind,
and commune through thinning crowds.
And you, tapping rain drops, bring me home.
Musical Tear (cheers Mozart and Debus)
Cymbals are crashing as thunder.
Flutes play a gathering wind.
Swirling trumpets are awestruck wonder.
Violins strike as lightning,
Basses play a fear resounding.
Senses are soon heightening.
As crescendo sounds,
The hurricane blows through,
Drum drops grow louder, harp astounds!
Sudden silence causes heart's delay,
But one soul shattering melody is heard.
It breaks across numb minds as day.
A single lyre plays fading rain,
Falling like trickling tears
Mark depth in Poseidon's pain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment